A tasty launch strategy for Tesco
Concerned that ‘Tesco Exclusive’ products that fell outside its normal retail cycles would not receive the attention they deserved during their crucial launch period, the supermarket tasked us with executing the roll-out for its Mr Men range of sweets.
- Execute the perfect launch of the Exclusive Mr Men sweets range in over 600 stores
- Ensure the new products generated buzz in store (with staff and customers alike) and were merchandised to
- best effect
We put forward a full strategy presentation showing how we would sell-in the launch to each store, get them excited about the new products and sustain momentum post-launch. Initial launch activity was followed by ongoing store visits to modify fixtures where required, guarantee products were being displayed correctly and were stocked at the right levels. It was unusual for Tesco to grant this level of access to an external supplier, allowing us in to their stores to merchandise their fixtures on such a grand scale.
- Access to Epos data allowed us to measure the difference in sales performance between the stores we visited and those we didn’t
- The results, both in terms of incremental sales and speed of distribution were impressive
- Sales in test stores vs control stores were up to 57% higher during a five-week period
Sales in test stores vs control stores were up to 57% higher during a five-week period.
Download Case Study